Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse will pay a state visit to China at the invitation of Chinese President Xi Jinping between May 27 and 30, an official said Monday. Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei made the announcement at the daily press briefing Monday, reported ...
Respect for basic rights and liberties has declined in Sri Lanka in the four years since the government defeated the Tamil Tigers, Human Rights Watch said Monday. This week marks the fourth anniversary of the brutal civil war's end. Since the end of the 26-year-long civil war, the government of President Mahinda Rajapaksa has resisted taking meaningful steps to investigate and prosecute ...
A suspect had committed suicide by hanging himself in a Bambalapitiya police cell, police stated. The man was arrested in connection with selling stolen vehicle ...
Articulating right demands and slogans in Genocide Remembrance events is crucial at a time when the Eezham Tamils in their homeland are barred from even silently mourning their heroes and civilians who sacrificed their lives in the culmination of the genocidal war at ...
Showers or thunder showers may occur in Western, Southern, Sabaragamuwa, Uva and Eastern Provinces throughout the day, the Meteorological Department ...
Winds: From the South at 8 MPH
Like so many of the crazy developments we all experience in real life, "Network" starts with a seemingly unimportant event. A down-and-out news anchor named Howard Beale (Peter Finch), who was once a popular television figure but has since suffered sliding ratings and an increased reliance the bottle, is fired. He is given two weeks before his "resignation," and on the air, he snaps and declares t ... ...
Sri Lanka has fallen under the thumb of India through the sport of cricket while cricket in Sri Lanka has fallen into an unprotected state, MP Arjuna Ranatunga ...
The Head of the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independence States-Russia, Konstantin Kosachev when he met Sri ...
Protests by the fishermen community and political parties have yielded result with the Sri Lankan government ordering the release of the 26 Karaikal fishermen on ...
The train was traveling from Colombo to Avissawella at the time of the incident while the victim was a 40 year old resident of the Lower Kosgama ...
Sri Lanka's Petroleum Industries Minister Anura Priyadarshana Yapa yesterday said that if PV Oil Singapore came up with a fresh satisfactory proposal the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC) would purchase gas oil from the same company in the future. Minister Yapa ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
London Marriott Park Lane
Having taken the Heathrow Express to Paddinton station (a 15 minute ride, with trains running every 15 minutes), I then ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sri Lanka SourceSri Lanka Source: The latest news in Sri Lanka
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sri Lanka Source is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sri Lankan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sri Lankan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sri Lanka news, the weather forecast for Sri Lanka you'll find it all in the Sri Lanka Source.
From Colombo to Jaffna, the Sri Lanka Source should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse will pay a state visit to China at the invitation of Chinese President Xi Jinping between May 27 and 30, an official said Monday.
Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei made the announcement at the daily press briefing Monday, reported Xinhua.
- Bradley Cooper takes cooking lessons from Ramsay
- MJs maid saw singer showering with child abuse victim Wade Robson
- Dog sings along to fav Adele song
- Jennifer Lawrence brother being stalked
- Yahoo Board approves billion-dollar deal to buy Tumblr
- India UK sign MoU on cooperation in health sector
- Toddler who survived Saudi car crash found moving in body bag
- Commonly used catheters double blood clot risk in ICU and cancer patients
- Cancer survivor Kleybanova makes victorious comeback
- Examining pancreatic juices may help identify pancreatic cancer
- Market Snapshot Stock futures flat no data Fed’s Evans to speak
- Pension funds must keep the faith in commodities – EXCLUSIVE
- Top performance by commodities
- Storm Nock-Ten claims over 400000 USD worth of Philippine crops
- Silver dips to 31-month low levels in futures trade
- Financial Times allegedly hacked by Syrians
- Unidentified assailants attack office of Tripura daily kill three
- Three newspaper employees murdered in Tripura
- May 20 Right from wrong and other letters to the editor
- Report North Korea holding Chinese fishing boat crew
- Common foot deformities like bunion could be inherited
- The Importance Of Women In The Boardroom QA With Baroness Mary Goudie
- Vandals attack homes of Israeli womens prayer group defying men-only decrees
- Lithuanian closes her grip on European women chess championship title
- Link Between Depression And A Nearly Doubled Stroke Risk In Middle-Aged Women
- Hedge Fund Owner Cohen Gets Subpoena to Testify
- Fitch Converts SCB Asset Managements AMR to Highest Standards
- EFAMA releases Q2 2009 investment fund assets results
- AIMA revises Hedge Fund guidance
- ETFs continue on their path to success
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sri Lanka Source headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Sri Lankan president to visit China
- Rights liberties threatened in Sri Lanka says rights body
- Suspect hangs himself in police cell
- Sri Lanka Chennai event challenges ICE complicity in Tamil Genocide
- Thunder showers expected in several parts of the island