Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse will pay a state visit to China at the invitation of Chinese President Xi Jinping between May 27 and 30, an official said Monday. Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei made the announcement at the daily press briefing Monday, reported ...
Respect for basic rights and liberties has declined in Sri Lanka in the four years since the government defeated the Tamil Tigers, Human Rights Watch said Monday. This week marks the fourth anniversary of the brutal civil war's end. Since the end of the 26-year-long civil war, the government of President Mahinda Rajapaksa has resisted taking meaningful steps to investigate and prosecute ...
Twenty four persons injured after a private bus plying from Jaffna to Diyatalawa toppled down a precipice at Ramboda in Kotmale today, Police ...
The World Health Organisation has assured that there is no Dicyandiamide affecting humans in imported milk foods to Sri Lanka, the local Health Ministry said ...
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP) -- An international human rights group said Monday that respect for basic rights and liberties has declined in Sri Lanka in the four years since the government defeated separatist Tamil rebels to end a civil ...
26°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the SSE at 5 MPH
Godzilla 2000 (Gojira ni-sen mireniamu)
Having already starred in two TV shows and close to 30 movies in which he defeated Megalon, Gigan, Monster Zero, Mothra, the Smog Monster, the Sea Monster, and the Cosmic Monster, not to mention having been reinvented in digital glory by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin ("Independence Day"), one would think that Godzilla wouldn't have much left to offer. ...
The Russian Federation requested Sri Lanka's support to win the bid to host EXPO 2020. The Head of the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independence States-Russia, Konstantin Kosachev who met Prime Minister D M Jayaratne emphasised the importance of Sri Lanka's vote for Russia to host EXPO ...
Traffic in Colombo city Recent media reports indicated that the Police emergency hotline unit said that heavy traffic congestion is persisting in Colombo. According to the Police, traffic congestion has been reported in Bastian Mawatha, technical junction and Ceramic junction. Police said that there is traffic congestion from technical junction and Ceramic junction towards Colombo. ...
India was the second largest development aid giver to Sri Lanka last year behind China, providing over $700 million to the island nation, according to latest official ...
The Department of Meteorology advises people to be alert over rising water of Gin and Nilwala rivers as well as floods at Pitabaddara, Paanadugama and Tawalama ...
by Dr. Ruwantissa Abeyratne ( May 20, 2013, Montreal, Sri Lanka Guardian) It was both heartening and encouraging to read a recent news item that Sri Lanka was taking measures to sign agreements with neighbouring countries pertaining to search of aircraft and rescue of persons involved in an aircraft ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Diplomat SAS Radisson Bahrain
Arriving at Bahrain International Airport I followed the signs through to Immigration to have my passport checked, and to buy ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sri Lanka SourceSri Lanka Source: The latest news in Sri Lanka
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sri Lanka Source is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sri Lankan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sri Lankan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sri Lanka news, the weather forecast for Sri Lanka you'll find it all in the Sri Lanka Source.
From Colombo to Jaffna, the Sri Lanka Source should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse will pay a state visit to China at the invitation of Chinese President Xi Jinping between May 27 and 30, an official said Monday.
Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei made the announcement at the daily press briefing Monday, reported Xinhua.
- Rochelle Humes delivers girl
- Teen Dies of Cancer After Touching Millions With Song
- Spears under fire for giving toy gun to son
- Leona Lewis keen on adoption
- Miley Cyrus and Paris Hilton trapped in swatting incident again
- Indigenous culture youth among key topics as UN permanent forum opens 12th session
- Teen Dies of Cancer After Touching Millions With Song
- India UK sign MoU on cooperation in health sector
- Toddler who survived Saudi car crash found moving in body bag
- Commonly used catheters double blood clot risk in ICU and cancer patients
- Ignoring warnings North Korea continues to fire projectiles
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Over 60 killed in Iraq terror attacks
- 23 militants of Hezbollah group killed in clash with Syrian rebels
- 22 killed in nine car bombings in Iraq
- Mark Schwarzer and Brett Holmans futures in doubt as Australian numbers dwindle in Premier League
- Commodities markets summary
- Crude-Oil Futures Climb to Seven-Week High
- Commodities Tomorrow Reading the Reversal in Metals
- Uganda to Continue Leaked Letter Investigation Says Official
- Unidentified assailants attack office of Tripura daily kill three
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Regional newspaper owner turns its first profit
- Editorial Obama’s weak record on freedom of the press
- In Kabul UNESCO chief spotlights Afghanistans educational and cultural gains
- AFC Asian Cup India women ready for Myanmar challenge
- US team visiting India to boost womens numbers in ICT
- Deepika Padukone launches special issue of Peoples Magazine
- Common foot deformities like bunion could be inherited
- Lines harden between U.S. regulators hedge fund SAC Capital Advisors
- DST tries something new mutual funds for everyday investors
- SAC may shutter hedge fund to outsiders report
- Fremont Bank expands wealth management to compete with Wells Fargo others
- First Trust Advisors L.P. Announces Distributions for Exchange-Traded Funds
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sri Lanka Source headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Sri Lankan president to visit China
- Rights liberties threatened in Sri Lanka says rights body
- Bus topples down precipice at Ramboda 24 injured
- No Dicyandiamide in imported milk foods - WHO
- Rights group criticizes Sri Lanka’s post-war record