NEW DELHI - India and Japan, both major energy fuel importers, are mulling joining forces while bidding for potential tenders for liquefied natural gas (LNG) supplies with an eye to beating down the high prices. Both the countries will work out a strategy in the next three months, Petroleum and natural gas secretary Vivek Rae told reporters on sidelines of the 8th Asia Gas Partnership Summit ...
WASHINGTON - The US trade deficit narrowed in October with oil sales helping exports rise 1.8 percent to a record high of $192.7 billion in October over previous month, the US Commerce Department has said. Bureau of Economic Analysis of the Department of Commerce announced Wednesday that total October exports of $192.7 billion and imports of $233.3 billion resulted in a 5.4 percent drop in ...
WASHINGTON - Internet search engine Google has acquired seven robotics companies in the past half a year and has begun the process of building its own robots that could undertake manufacturing and could be deployed in the supply chain sector. To start with Google has created a new robotics group under Andy Rubin, who was previously in charge of the Android operating system, and bought seven ...
BEIJING - China has awarded its first superfast 4G telecommunications licences to three mobile phone companies. Designed to give mobile phone users faster access to the internet services, the first set of licenses were granted by the government to China Mobile, China Unicom Hong Kong and China Telecom. It is not as yet clear if any rollout conditions have been attached to the licences, or ...
BRUSSELS - The European Union has slapped a 1.7 billion euros ($2.3 billion) fine on eight major banks, including Deutsche Bank, RBS and JPMorgan, for rigging interest rates. German Deutsche Bank, involved in rigging the Euribor and Japanese yen Tibor rates, was fined a total of 725 million euros, while the French Societe Generale was fined 446 million euros for manipulating the European ...
Winds: From the NNE at 7 MPH
As in 2009s Taken, the mere presence of Liam Neeson elevates Unknown into something more engaging than it might otherwise be. A relatively clever bit of misdirection disguised as a thriller about a man whose life has seemingly been stolen from him by unknown villains, the film is p ... ...
Sri Lanka SourceSri Lanka Source: The latest news in Sri Lanka
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sri Lanka Source is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sri Lankan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sri Lankan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sri Lanka news, the weather forecast for Sri Lanka you'll find it all in the Sri Lanka Source.
From Colombo to Jaffna, the Sri Lanka Source should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Toro Co.'s fiscal fourth-quarter profit beat expectations but the maker of snowblowers and lawn mowers warned of pressure at the start of its new fiscal ...
NEW YORK -- Stocks are mostly lower on Wall Street in early trading as retailers report poor results. Aeropostale, Francesca's Holdings and The Wet Seal fell early Thursday after reporting lower income or issuing earnings forecasts that disappointed investors. Costco fell after reporting that its sales grew last month at a slower rate than analysts were anticipating. L Brands, the owner ...
WASHINGTON -- U.S. factories received fewer orders in October, as aircraft demand fell and businesses cut back on computers. The decline suggests companies were hesitant to invest during the 16-day partial government shutdown. Factory orders dropped 0.9 percent in October, the Commerce Department said Thursday. That followed a 1.8 percent increase in September. A big reason for the decline in ...
NEW YORK -- Stocks edged lower in early trading Thursday as more positive news on the economy led investors to anticipate that the Federal Reserve is getting closer to reducing its economic stimulus program. The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits dropped to the lowest in nearly six years last week, and the U.S. economy grew at a robust 3.6 percent annual rate from July ...
LEESBURG, Va. -- A co-owner of the Mars candy company has pleaded guilty to reckless driving in a fatal crash. A judge in Loudoun County, Va., on Thursday ordered Jacqueline Mars to pay a $2,500 fine and suspended her license for six months. The judge could have sentenced Mars to a year in jail on the misdemeanor charge, but the victim's relatives asked the judge not to incarcerate her. ...
WASHINGTON -- Average U.S. rates for fixed mortgages rose sharply last week, making home-buying slightly less affordable. Mortgage buyer Freddie Mac says the average rate on the 30-year loan jumped to 4.46 percent from 4.29 percent last week. The average on the 15-year fixed loan increased to 3.47 percent from 3.30 percent. Rates have risen a full percentage point since May after the Federal ...
WASHINGTON -- The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits tumbled 23,000 last week to 298,000, nearly a six-year low that shows companies are laying off fewer workers. The Labor Department said the less volatile four-week moving average declined 10,750 to 322,250. Last week's unemployment benefit applications nearly matched a September figure that was distorted by late ...
NEW YORK -- Stocks are mostly lower on Wall Street in early trading as retailers report poor results.Aeropostale, Francesca's Holdings and The Wet Seal fell early Thursday after reporting lower income or issuing earnings forecasts that disappointed investors. Costco fell after reporting that its sales grew last month at a slower rate than analysts were anticipating.L Brands, the owner of ...
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks leaned lower on Thursday, putting the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average on pace for a fifth straight down day, as better-than-expected readings on employment and economic growth boosted bets that a stimulus reduction could come this ...
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Treasury prices fell on Thursday after a round of economic data lifted investor expectations that the Federal Reserve could pull back on its bond-buying program soon, but some unsavory details in the report helped keep a lid on ...
Reported in the press
When it comes to Iran's nuclear weapons program, the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf's clothing, Rouhani is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.
The chief lobbyist for the National Retail Federation was speaking about talks to end the U.S. government shutdown.
Record Your Vote
How well is the U.S. Congress performing in its efforts to re-open the U.S. government?
News ReleasesThe Sri Lanka Source.com News Release Publishing Service provides a medium for circulating your organization's news.
Country Inn & Suites, Ventura, California, USA
I had selected the Holiday Inn at Ventura which is right on the beach as a target for a review, ...Keep reading
Tamil Nadu Governor K. Rosaiah hosted a lunch for the Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at Raj Bhawan here, as their six-day India visit came to an end on Thursday.
The event was attended by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa.
The Governor presented a commemorative stamp album to the Japanese royal couple.
Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko later visited the Guindy National Park at Adyar here.
The visit is aimed at strengthening bilateral ties further and discussing strategic relationships between the two nations.
The royal couple is scheduled to return to Tokyo today evening. (ANI)
- Topless US woman runs after Peeping Tom who secretly films her trying on bras
- Spotify reveals pays more than $1bn in royalties per year
- Thalia taking spot in Hollywood _ and in Macys
- Mandela film breaks box office records in SAfrica
- Mac Miller Jazzes Up The Star RoomKillin Time - Song Premiere
- Royal prank DJ Mel Greig quits Oz radio station
- Choir singing can boost mental health
- New affordable way to stabilize hemoglobin discovered
- Gwyneth Paltrow to host fitness web series with trainer Tracy Anderson
- Carbon monoxide can help amplify effectiveness of chemotherapy
- Hezbollah blames Israel for commander's shooting death
- Canada rocked by rash of soldier suicides in one week
- Biden encourages Chinese to challenge their government
- Nuns allegedly abducted from Syria, Pope prays for their safety
- Judge allows Obama's uncle to stay in US
- Deutsche Bank to Shrink in Commodities as Revenue Slides
- Deutsche Bank says significantly scaling back commodities business
- Deutsche Bank to quit commodities trading
- Regulations Force Deutsche Bank to Scale Back Commodities Trading Business
- RP to export for first timehybrid corn seed to Vietnam in2...
- Campaign to downsize Australian public broadcaster gathers steam
- Tejpal insists tryst with woman journalist was a consensual act
- Media Talk podcast Alan Rusbridger faces MPs Radio Academy awards
- Dec. 5 Keep the Arctic on ice – and other letters to the editor
- Los Angeles Times series on Cardinal Mahony and the abuse scandal
- San Francisco Bay Area businesswomen to visit India
- New match-making site finds men who pay for womens food on dates
- Topless US woman runs after Peeping Tom who secretly films her trying on bras
- Reasons why women seek extramarital affairs revealed
- New studies aim to improve womens sex lives after menopause
- Donors Pledge $12 Billion for Global Fund
- RBC Global Asset Management Inc. announces November sales results for RBC funds and PHN funds
- Growth is the top strategic priority for 67 of hedge funds this year EY survey
- Tricon Capital Group Announces a Final Close for Tricon XI Increasing the Fund Capitalization to US$334 Million
- BRIEF-CIBC seeking U.S. wealth management acquisitions - CEO
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sri Lanka Source headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Tamil Nadu Governor hosts lunch for Japanese royals
- Sri Lankan PMs office hit by heroin scam
- Jagan Reddy meets Jayalalithaa Karunanidhi to seek support for united Andhra Pradesh
- Sri Lanka pile up 425 India 280
- The Elders slam Sri Lanka for lacking reconciliation