Facebook is facing criticism regarding its content policy after videos showing people being beheaded were reported. Facebook reportedly admitted that it does not always make the right decisions on banning violent content. According to the BBC, the videos show a woman and two men having their heads cut off. Donald Turvill, 16, termed the clips to be too shocking. Young users across the site ...
Australia's opening batsman David Warner was Wednesday found guilty of breaching the Cricket Australia (CA) Code of Behaviour and was fined $5,750 for his twitter rant. Warner, who pleaded guilty, received the maximum financial penalty for a first offence under rule 6 of CA's Code of Behaviour, CA said in a statement. "In hindsight, clearly I let my frustrations get the better of me and posted ...
Nikki Sixx has slammed Kim Kardashian on Twitter for promoting her new make-up collection on Monday in the aftermath of the disastrous tornado that destroyed a suburb near Oklahoma City. After the 'Motley Crue' bassist tweeted about the Red Cross relief for the ruined town, the reality TV star soon followed with her plug on her own makeup line on the website, the New York Post reported. "Love ...
Facebook is considered more a social burden than a loved networking site by its young users, a recent study has found. The study conducted by Pew Research Center of children between the age group of 12 to 17 found Facebook was losing its crucial demographic, which long fueled its success. According to the Huffington Post, teens are increasingly abandoning Facebook for other sites like ...
Cricket Australia (CA) chief James Sutherland has said the governing body might need to consider implementing a social media policy after Australian Test batsman David Warner's recent Twitter controversy. He said there had been no discussions about developing a social media policy for players, but admitted it is something that CA is considering. Sutherland insisted he will continue to ...
28°C Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the SSW at 14 MPH
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Either Im getting worn down or else the Twilight movies are getting better, as Eclipse, the third entry in the four-part series based on the best-selling novels by Stephenie Meyer, is easily the best so far, and not just in comparison to the previous entries. Per ... ...
Public Service Enterprise Group (NYSE:PEG) is a publicly traded diversified energy company with annual revenues of more than $12 billion, and three principal subsidiaries: PSEG Power, Public Service Electric and Gas Company (PSE&G) and PSEG Energy ...
Emma Way of Norfolk in the U.K. tweets that she hit a cyclist and that she had right of way. The police are informed. Her employer is none too pleased ...
Though tablets and smartphones are both considered mobile devices based on their portability, user behavior by device differs greatly – from experience to expectation. With evolving features and functionality, as well as situational needs to consider, there are many unique differences in user behavior by device that can provide marketers with insights on not only the when and where ...
Thomas Rogers, TiVo TiVo Inc. saw its stock price jump this week even after it reported a loss of $10.3 million in the first quarter. How is that possible? It's because the television recording technology company didn't lose the $16 million to $19 million it had expected to lose. TiVo also added some 277,000 subscribers in the quarter, the most in any quarter for seven years. The San ...
Britain's leader of the opposition Labour party Ed Miliband speaks at the Google big tent event at the Grove Hotel, on the outskirts of London May 22, ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Strand Palace
I've stayed at this central London hotel many times, so was comfortable in telephoning direct for a reservation. It was ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sri Lanka SourceSri Lanka Source: The latest news in Sri Lanka
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sri Lanka Source is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sri Lankan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sri Lankan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sri Lanka news, the weather forecast for Sri Lanka you'll find it all in the Sri Lanka Source.
From Colombo to Jaffna, the Sri Lanka Source should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Sri Lanka denied Wednesday plans to roll back power sharing mechanisms with the Tamil minority despite attempts to stop long overdue elections in the former war-torn north.
Technology and Research Minister Champika Ranawaka announced Tuesday plans to present an act in parliament next week to abolish provincial councils and the India-backed 13th constitutional amendment, reports Xinhua.
The main Tamil political party, Tamil National Alliance (TNA), has insisted that it would not contest the upcoming elections in the north if police and land powers were taken away by the government.
However, acting cabinet spokesman and Petroleum Minister Anura Priyadarshana Yapa dismissed such moves and insisted that the government had no plans as yet to change the constitution.
"The president expressly said a Parliamentary Select Committee consisting of all political parties can discuss if there will be any changes to the present constitution, especially to the 13th amendment.
"In that scenario, no steps have been taken to change the status quo. These arguments have been going on for a long time, these are not new arguments. But the 13th amendment is still there.
"There have been no discussions to change the amendment up to now," he said. ...
- US singer sues McDonalds over piece of glass in chicken sandwich
- Kanye West has been pushing me to return to music says Will Smith
- Amy Winehouse foundation raises 1.9 mn pounds annually
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Indian film festival to be held in Seoul
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- Researchers identify anti-cancer amino acid fragment
- Grapefruit nanoparticles can deliver anti-cancer drug Study
- Azad meets US Health Secretary Sebelius
- Michael Douglas fights back tears at Cannes
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Six Afghan policemen killed in Herat bombing
- Genocide conviction of former Guatemala dictator overturned
- Chinese boat with 16 fishermen freed by North Korea
- 3 surprising reasons to cheer falling commodities
- Futures rise all eyes on the Fed
- UPDATE 1-U.S. natgas futures lower after three days of gains
- U.S. stock futures advance
- US STOCKS-Futures up ahead of Bernanke testimony
- Iran Bars Candidacies of Rafsanjani Ahmadinejad Aide
- Norways Highest Circulation Newspaper VG Deploys LiveU Technology to Expand Online Offering
- Ugandan police arrest sellers of shut newspaper
- Chinese Newspaper Confuses the Japanese Military with...DeviantArt
- Obama Against Prosecuting Journalists White House Says
- Gunmen kill 12 Iraqis in attack on brothel
- Oz women cricketers Down Under on top of world after hefty pay-hike
- Do-or-die for India women against Chinese Taipei
- Number of Afghan women jailed for moral crimes increasing says human rights group
- Women should enjoy their sexuality says Heather Graham
- Vanguard chooses FTSE indexes for 4 new ETF equity funds
- MFDA makes Orders against W. H. Stuart Mutuals Ltd. and Marilyn Dianne Stuart
- Sony mulls hedge fund boss Loeb’s spin-off proposal
- Aston Hill Advantage Bond Fund renews normal course issuer bid
- TD Asset Management Inc. announces portfolio adviser change
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sri Lanka Source headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Sri Lanka denies scuttling power devolution
- Sri Lanka says no Rolls Royce at CHOGM
- China to lend $580 mln for Sri Lanka development projects
- Sri Lanka to resume refinery on Friday with Oman light crude
- Sri Lanka to use summit to showcase developments