Video: Has Mad Men ruined the rest of TV? Jokes about these matters abound. Snippy comments, acid remarks, one-liners. Most can be found on Twitter, 140 characters at a time. One good joke gets repeated ceaselessly.Our current circumstance helps us put into perspective, I think, the dearth of good TV comedy these days. In recent weeks I've written about both Louis C.K. and Amy Schumer, ...
19 May 2013 True Verdict built on her promising comeback run to gain a deserved opening success in the Come Racing On June 8th Maiden at ...
A former presidential contender, Texas Gov. Rick Perry, is doing a little bragging. "If we want to get American working again, we need Washington to get out of the way," he said. The day Obama swung through Austin earlier this month, Perry ran an ad in the local newspaper in which he referenced the "Texas model working much better than Washington's," saying that ...
Gerardo Parra’s first-pitch, solo home run was all Arizona needed to top Miami on Saturday. (Mike Ehrmann/Getty) Brandon McCarthy’s performance in the Diamondbacks’ 1-0 win over the Marlins on Saturday night was noteworthy in and of itself as he shut out the Marlins on three hits and a pair of walks extending his personal scoreless innings streak to 17. What gave the game ...
Some historians believe wallpaper had ancient origins, but despite its popularity among past generations it had fallen out of favor. Now some entrepreneurial wallpaper designers are stirring a renaissance of wall coverings with styles that surprise and amuse. Rita Braver reports. Photo ...
Winds: From the South at 9 MPH
The first 10 minutes of M. Night Shyamalans The Happening are among the best work he has ever done. With tense, ruthless economy he establishes normal, everyday life in New York Citys Central Park: people walking their dogs, jogging, sitting on park benches and reading. Two women ... ...
, which is perhaps the most eagerly anticipated film at this year's Cannes Film Festival and is slated for a December release. A German reporter referred to Nazism and the Holocaust before inquiring if the Coen brothers could define "Jewish ...
It seems that the world of Weird News is filled with bikinis, weenies and roots that look like Homer Simpson. Teacher Olivia Sprauer may have been fired for the swimsuit photos she posed for under the name "Victoria James" two weeks ago, but ...
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germans lamented their unexpectedly poor showing at the Eurovision Song Contest, blaming Chancellor Angela Merkel's tough stance in the euro zone crisis for their failure to win any points from 34 of the 39 countries voting. Denmark's Emmelie de Forest won the event, watched by around 125 million people across Europe, with 281 points while German act Cascada was 21st ...
patent application for an oral care device that could administer chemicals when it comes into contact with a person's mouth or teeth. Among the substances listed as those that could potentially be delivered through the toothbrush is - you guessed it - caffeine, which is listed in the patent as a "homeopathic teething or inflammation soothing additive." Other substances which ...
Umbilical cord blood holds precious stem cells. At some Swiss hospitals, mothers can donate their baby's supply to research. But some labs have privatised the practice, and not everyone is sure it's worth the cost. ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
London Marriott Park Lane
Having taken the Heathrow Express to Paddinton station (a 15 minute ride, with trains running every 15 minutes), I then ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sri Lanka SourceSri Lanka Source: The latest news in Sri Lanka
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sri Lanka Source is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sri Lankan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sri Lankan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sri Lanka news, the weather forecast for Sri Lanka you'll find it all in the Sri Lanka Source.
From Colombo to Jaffna, the Sri Lanka Source should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa Saturday renewed his pledge to fight all "external elements" seeking to "disrupt" the country's peace.
Speaking on the fourth anniversary celebration of winning the three-decade war against Liberation Tigers of Tamil Elam (LTTE), Rajapaksa was alluding to foreign countries, led by the US, Xinhua reported.
Some countries have been critical of Sri Lanka's human rights record and called for an independent investigation into the alleged war crimes committed during the last stage of the war in the country.
President Rajapaksa insisted that these were attempts to undermine the peace that has been won and the reconciliation that is already taking place.
"When the war ended, we freed most of the top officials of the LTTE with very minor punishments despite the many atrocities their organisation committed.
" We rehabilitated over 11,000 cadres, resettled thousands of displaced people and de-mined vast tracts of land," he said.
Addressing the nation during the ceremony, Rajapaksa harshly criticised the Tamil diaspora, whom he saw as "aiding and abetting" the international community to criticise Sri Lanka.
"The Tamil people don't need enemies as long as these people are there," he added, clearly alluding to the pro-LTTE Tamil diaspora organisations such as the Global Tamil Forum that have been lobbying internationally on allegations of war crimes committed in Sri Lanka during the last phase of the war. ...
- Bhubaneshwar hosts rock concert to preserve heritage art
- No commercials TV channel starts broadcast in Russia
- Denmark wins Eurovision song contest 2013
- Miley Cyrus swatted again
- Mel C daughters second choice Jessie J comes first
- New colonoscope could revolutionize colorectal cancer screening
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Angelina Jolie to play own mum in new biopic
- Darker skin also prone to skin cancer
- Medical aid on sail - documenting the boat clinics of Assam
- NADeF marks 5th anniversary of creating sustainable futures through partnerships
- Commodities to be distributed May 28
- GMOs found in white corngreen activists warn
- PH to share BT corn experiencewith US neighbors
- Costa Rica OKs geneticallymodified corn
- Three newspaper employees murdered in Tripura
- Sharif-Kayani meeting is good for Pakistan paper
- Mancini says goodbye to Man City fans with full-page thankful paper ad
- Three stabbed to death in Agartala newspaper office
- Nation Editor on Potential Anthony Weiner NYC Mayoral Bid He Needs a Few More Years in the Wilderness
- Delhi runs for safety of women
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Protests halt debate over eliminating violence against women in Afghan parliament
- Women fall for men with styled facial hair
- Women likelier than men to blame their partner during arguments
- Bond Funds Bring It on Home
- Can a Great Stock Also Be a Great Fund Family
- Retransmission Brookfield Soundvest Funds Announce Distributions
- Who Got Rich This Week Hedge Fund Legend Michael Steinhardt A Supplement Salesman And More
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sri Lanka Source headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Rajapaksa vows to fight external forces for peace
- Call for Indian business community to invest here
- Victory over terrorism – why should Sri Lanka apologize
- Sri Lanka Diaspora Tamils observe Mulli-vaaykkaal Genocide remembrance events
- Karunanidhi disapproves of ban on pro-Tamil Eelam meeting