Uttarakhand Tourism Minister Amrita Rawat and Lok Sabha MP Satpal Maharaj, who were to make an aerial survey of rain-ravaged areas in Uttarakhand today could not fly because of bad weather. Rawat said the chopper had to return as the weather is bad and there is no visibility "There is fog everywhere. There is no visibility and so they (pilots) have brought us back. If there is improvement in ...
LUXOR A hardline Islamist appointed governor of Luxor stayed away from his new office on Wednesday as protesters barred access and demanded Egypt's president revoke a nomination they fear will hurt local tourism. Adel Mohamed al-Khayat, appointed by President Mohamed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood, is a member of al-Gamaa al-Islamiya, the movement accused of killing 58 foreign tourists ...
Union Tourism Minister K. Chiranjeevi today announced the launch of a new campaign to publicise the tourism potential of the Himalayas and promote this incredible tourist product internationally. To be called "777 days of the Indian Himalayas", the campaign will have a twofold objective, one to attract more international tourists to India during the lean summer season, and second, to remind ...
A terrorist as governor in Egypt ICTP releases a statement on the resignation of Egypts minister of tourism
Tourism is one of the major industries in Egypt and Luxor is a ctiy visited by millions of tourists every year. The newly appointed Luxor governor is a member or is close to a terror group that killed 58 tourists in 1997. Egypt's current minister of tourism Hisham Zaazou is resigning because of this appointment. The International Coalition of Tourism Partners (ICTP) through his President ...
Wednesday19 June 20139:30 p.m. An expanded Nevada Tourism Commission was feeling a little better about TravelNevada.com 2.0 Wednesday after its brand consultant told members they'll be tweaking the state's tourism website after a lukewarm response to its mid-April debut. Representatives of Burson-Marsteller, the New York-based consultant the state is paying $3.2 million over two ...
28°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the WSW at 8 MPH
The Talented Mr. Ripley [DVD]
Director John Boorman ("Deliverance"), writing about Michael Powell's 1960 film "Peeping Tom," said, "The profound unease we feel in identifying with an evil character in a movie is the recognition that we may be capable of such evil." ...
Key events in 1963, from organized protests in Alabama to Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, galvanized the civil rights movement that eventually toppled Jim Crow laws in the South. The 50th anniversary of those events is a great time to visit sites pivotal to the end of Southern segregation and that reflect on key events in African-American ...
Singapore Airlines (SIA) has increased its orders for the A350 XWB with an additional 30 A350-900s, plus options for a further 20 aircraft. The agreement firms up a commitment announced last month. Under the terms of the agreement, Singapore Airlines will be able to select either the baseline A350-900 or the larger A350-1000 when exercising the options. This is the third order from Singapore ...
(eTN) - The Chairperson of the Kenya Tourism Federation, Mrs. Lucy Karume, wasted no time to go on record and condemn the attempts by the parliamentary budget and appropriations committee to rob the tourism sector by diverting half the allotted budget to other, non tourism related purposes. The Chairman of the Mombasa and Coast Tourism Association, seasoned hotelier Mohammed Hersi, too let fly ...
MOSCOW, June 20 (Itar-Tass) - The administration of Aeroflot Russian Airlines suspended Deputy Director General Andrei Kalmykov, who is under investigation on suspicion of abuse of authority. "Andrei Kalmykov has been suspended for the period of the investigation into the criminal case opened by the Moscow regional investigation department on the transport. The company's press service ...
2013-14 soybean imports predicted to weaken Soybean imports by China, the world's biggest buyer, are predicted to be lower than official US forecasts, deepening a glut and weighing down prices as global reserves reach record highs. Inbound shipments will be 63 million metric tons in the 12 months starting Oct 1, less than the US Department of Agriculture's June 13 projection of 69 ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
New York Marriott Financial Center Hotel
I arrived by taxi to the hotel which is just a block from the former World Trade Center site. The ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Sri Lanka SourceSri Lanka Source: The latest news in Sri Lanka
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sri Lanka Source is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sri Lankan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sri Lankan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sri Lanka news, the weather forecast for Sri Lanka you'll find it all in the Sri Lanka Source.
From Colombo to Jaffna, the Sri Lanka Source should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said Wednesday that Sri Lanka were a dangerous side and it was not possible to focus only on their two frontline batsmen " Mahela Jayawardene or a Kumar Sangakkara" during the semi-final of the ICC Champions Trophy slated for Thursday.
"Sri Lanka are a dangerous squad. We just can`t focus on a Mahela (Jayawardene) or a (Kumar) Sangakkara. We have to think of the entire team," Dhoni said after a training session on the eve of the match.
The two Asian rivals' face-off here at the Sophia Gardens will be fifth in Britain. The only time India ended on the losing side was during a shocking defeat in the 1979 World Cup.
Dhoni said the team was under no pressure in the midst of the betting and the spot-fixing controversies in the Indian Premier League (IPL) back home.
"It's the Indian media that creates all this hype and then asks me questions. As far as we are concerned, we have to play good cricket, we are working hard and just proving ourselves," he said.
With rain clouds looming large over the match, Dhoni didn't seem too bothered about the weather conditions.
But even if rain plays spoilsport, India will go through to the final on the account of having topped their group B. ...
- Will Johnny Depp retire after 60
- Pope John Paul II closer to sainthood after second miracle approved
- Alcohol more dangerous than weed Miley Cyrus
- People not letting Lisa Snowdon forget about times with George Clooney
- Cheryl Cole named star with tattiest tattoos
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- Azad to inaugurate private ward at LRS Institute of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases
- Females prefer biological fitness than other traits in potential mates
- Gooey secret of naked moles rats cancer resistance discovered
- High-fructose diet could lead to liver damage
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Irish public support attack on U.S. president and family
- Kim Jong-un on 'luxury yacht' in North Korea
- Eight UN aid workers among 15 dead in Somalia militant attack
- Bolivia Venezuela collaborate in search for oil
- Futures Movers Oil prices struggle on energy demand Fed worries
- Commodities Crude falls after Fed inventories
- Copper futures fall 0.15 pc on overseas cues
- Cardamom futures plunge 2.12 pc on profit-booking
- Independent Publishing Houses in Mexico Promote Democratization of Books at Annual Fair
- Introducing the Maqetta HTML5 Editor
- Michael Hastings Wife Obliterates New York Times For Dismissive Obituary
- Washington Post guest writer asks can faith prevent teen pregnancy
- Michael Hastings Popped The Press Bubble From The Campaign Trail To The Front Lines
- Christian women forced to parade naked in Pakistan
- Women in Kolkata demand death penalty for rapists
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- Slip into slip dress for night out
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Sony chief says time needed to study proposal from US hedge fund promises investors revival
- Morguard Sunstone Real Estate Income Fund Liquidation and Payment Schedule
- MFDA announces disciplinary proceeding in respect of Stuart Henschel
- Moneda LatAm Fixed Income Fund Declares Quarterly Distributions
- Propel Capital Corporation - Distributions Press Release
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sri Lanka Source headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Dhonis boys doing well as a batting unit Lankan selector Jayasuriya
- Sri Lanka are a dangerous side Dhoni
- Team India would not focus on individual Lankan players Dhoni
- Sri Lankans will target Indian bowling Jayasuriya
- 80 Sri Lankans held while trying to migrate to Australia