Apple tax tactic that came in for denunciation at Senate subcommittee hearing was not particularly difficult to carry out, and it seems to have been something known to some tax experts - but not to many of those whose job it is to write tax laws. "What impresses me is the effortlessness of Apple's international planning," said Edward Kleinbard, a tax law professor at the ...
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Sony Corp lowered its sales target for digital cameras to 1.3 trillion yen (8.3 billion pounds) for the fiscal year to end-March 2015, from a previous estimate of 1.5 trillion yen. Sony also cut its sales target ...
(Credit: TechRepublic) LAS VEGAS -- There are apps and settings to locate a lost or stolen smartphone, and to remotely wipe the contents, but those will only get you so far if you're phone's actually been nabbed. On Tuesday, LoJack makers Absolue Software announced the imminent release ...
The European maker of enterprise software would serve as a kind of middleman, analyzing data gathered by various wireless operators, selling results to marketers, and sharing the profits with the wireless ...
scandal , it's hard to see a second comeback for Phaneesh Murthy. Popularly known as the 'other Murthy' at Infosys, 48-year-old Phaneesh had a meteoric career at India's second largest IT services firm, donning many roles and credited with taking the Infosys brand global as the company's global sales head along with company founders N R Narayana Murthy and Nandan ...
30°C Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the SSW at 14 MPH
"Things didn't go exactly as planned," says Ronna near the end of Doug Liman's "Go," essentially summarizing the movie's theme. If "Go"--a "Pulp Fiction"-like triad of stories that take place more or less simultaneously in one 24-hour period--has any thematic coherence, it is precisely summed up in that statement. A botched drug deal, a failed drug bust, and a crisis in Las Vegas--nothing in "Go" ... ...
Nasdaq-listed iGate has sacked Phaneesh Murthy, its president and CEO, after investigating charges of sexual harassment levelled against him by a subordinate ...
iPad maker saving billions of dollars in US taxes through Irish subsidiaries and told lawmakers that his company backs corporate tax reform, even though it may end up paying more. The Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations has found that Apple in 2012 alone avoided paying $9 billion in US taxes, using a strategy involving three offshore units with no discernible tax home, or ...
PANAJI: The next 'in' feature for your smart phone might very well be gesture-recognition and it is a young Goan who is behind the innovation. The creation is set to make touchscreen technology passe and would allow users to interact with their devices through thin air. Native of South Goa's ...
Xbox One, a next-generation entertainment console that promises to be the one system households will need for games, television, movies and other entertainment.It will go on sale later this year.Don Mattrick, president of its interactive entertainment business, said the company has spent the past four years working on the "all-in-one home entertainment system".The console was ...
REDMOND, Wash. — Will gamers want One? After four years of development, Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One entertainment console and touted it as an all-in-one solution for playing games, watching TV and doing everything in between. Microsoft wants the Xbox One to be central to your living room and packed the new Xbox with such features as the ability to change TV channels through voice ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sri Lanka SourceSri Lanka Source: The latest news in Sri Lanka
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sri Lanka Source is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sri Lankan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sri Lankan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sri Lanka news, the weather forecast for Sri Lanka you'll find it all in the Sri Lanka Source.
From Colombo to Jaffna, the Sri Lanka Source should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has reiterated that Katchatheevu, the fishing islet has to be retrieved back by India in an endeavour to provide a permanent solution to the problem of Indian fishermen.
In a letter to Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today, Jayalalithaa has recalled the various instances in which fishermen were harassed for fishing near Katchatheevu, which is often counted as crossing the Indian borders.
Jayalalithaa in her letter also referred to the case filed by her in the Supreme Court in this regard.
On the issue of safety and security of fishermen, she said that Prime Minister should take urgent steps to retrieve the islet and the surrounding areas from Sri Lanka.
She also submitted to the Prime Minister, an unanimous resolution passed by the State Assembly for retrieval of Katchatheevu.
Katchatheevu is a controversial uninhabited island administered by Sri Lanka. This island was given to Sri Lanka by India in 1974 on a conditional basis. It has a Catholic shrine and has been declared as a sacred area by the government of Sri Lanka. (ANI)
- Fergie Premier League manager of year
- Kanye West has been pushing me to return to music says Will Smith
- Amy Winehouse foundation raises 1.9 mn pounds annually
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Indian film festival to be held in Seoul
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- Azad meets US Health Secretary Sebelius
- Michael Douglas fights back tears at Cannes
- Radioactive nanoparticles that target cancer cells developed
- Indo-China bilateral meet on healthcare sector held at Geneva
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Six Afghan policemen killed in Herat bombing
- Genocide conviction of former Guatemala dictator overturned
- Chinese boat with 16 fishermen freed by North Korea
- European stock index futures signal mixed open
- Futures Movers Oil futures fall as inventories unexpectedly rise
- A Dead Cat Bounce for Gold Prices
- Law gives USDA limited role in regulating biotech crops
- Dow Jones industrial average posts 22nd high of the year
- Iran Bars Candidacies of Rafsanjani Ahmadinejad Aide
- Foldable electronics come closer to reality with inkjet-printed graphene
- Newspapers OB office renovated
- David Montgomerys Local World could face threat in wake of Global ruling
- PRESS DIGEST-New York Times business news - May 22
- Number of Afghan women jailed for moral crimes increasing says human rights group
- Women should enjoy their sexuality says Heather Graham
- Saudi cleric says using air-conditioners by women immoral
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- AmInvest Announces Income Distribution For Six Funds
- Mutual fund and ETF leaders united on investor education
- Why Mutual Funds Are Such a Rip-Off
- Fitch Affirms VRDP Shares of Two Nuveen Closed-End Funds On Additional Issuance
- A Raft of Portfolio Manager Changes at Janus
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sri Lanka Source headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Tamil Nadu wants Sri Lanka to return Katchatheevu
- Take steps to retrieve Katchatheevu Jayalalithaa tells PM
- Sri Lankan trade unions claim strike a success govt. calls it a big flop
- Unidentified body found in Kiribathgoda
- Supreme Court takes up petition by Apple Watta residents