Singer Miley Cyrus defends her decision to smoke weed saying it is far less dangerous than alcohol. The 20-year-old, who landed in hot water in 2010 when she was caught on film allegedly smoking pot from a bong, also joked that she smoked too much weed after receiving a Bob Marley cake for her 19th birthday, reports contactmusic.com. When asked if she is a "stoner", she said: "You can't ask ...
Singer Max George says he has moved on from his past relationship and is ready to mingle again. The 24-year-old was engaged to actress Michelle Keegan for almost two years, but they ended their relationship in April 2012. However, George, member of The Wanted band, now wants to enjoy life, reports thesun.co.uk. "I do fancy seeing someone else now. My last relationship, it was with a very ...
Hollywood's action film star Jackie Chan has expressed his love for Bollywood music and dance sequences, and added that he is waiting for the right script and film director before venturing into an Indo-Chinese Cine collaboration. Chan, who is of Chinese descent, is leading a delegation at a six-day Chinese film festival in New Delhi. Welcomed by a thundering applause, the multi-faceted action ...
Singer Kesha says she has worked really hard to get perfect toned legs and therefore likes flaunting them. The 26-year-old, who has sung songs like "Tik tok", "Blow" and "Die young", is proud of her figure. "For me, I like showing off my legs because I work really hard on them. So, you will rarely find me wearing pants," Self magazine quoted Kesha as saying. The singer has posed for the cover ...
Singer Robbie Williams says he is jealous of teen sensation Harry Styles' female fan following and link ups. Styles, 19, is said to be a ladies' man and is time and again linked to a new woman. The singer, member of One Direction band, last dated singer Taylor Swift, but called off the relationship in January this year. "I've been following Harry and his messy romances and been slightly ...
28°C Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the WSW at 10 MPH
Nosferatu: Phantom Der Nacht [DVD]
Dreadful is one of those words in the English language that has virtually lost its original meaning. Now used commonly to describe something that is "terrible" or "bad" ("That was a dreadful book, don't read it"), its primary meaning is "causing or inspiring fear or dread," and it is in this sense that I describe Werner Herzog's Nosferatu: Phantom Der Nacht as a thoroughly dr ... ...
Singer Rihanna is reportedly seeking a medical programme in order to cure her heartache, post her break up with Chris Brown. The 24-year-old is nursing her broken heart ever since her on and off relationship with Chris Brown came to an end a few weeks back. However, now she wants to move on from her past and is going to seek a 12-step programme for it, reports thesun.co.uk. "Rihanna is still ...
Singer Katy Perry says she has not communicated with her ex-husband Russell Brand post receiving a text from him asking for divorce. The couple's marriage ended in December 2011, just 14 months after they tied the knot in India. Their split was made legal in July 2012, but the pop star claims she hasn't heard from Brand since then, reports femalefirst.co.uk. "He's a very smart man, a magical ...
Singer Will.i.am doesn't have a home despite purchasing properties for several close family members and paying off their mortgages. The "Scream and Shout" hitmaker has never bought a house for himself and calls his recording studio his abode, reports femalefirst.co.uk. "I don't have a home. But I bought my mum, uncle, aunt and grandma their homes," said the 38-year-old. "And then what some ...
just dropped his new album Encore on Tuesday and celebrated the release in the best way possible — with his beloved Hayniacs. Fans lined up around the block and wore their 'I Love Hunter' T-shirts for the "I Want Crazy" singer, who performed a two-hour set at Webster Hall as part of MTV's Artist to Watch LIVE series. From fan art winners to Twitter questions AND a ...
"I'm going to do the thing that God put Ron Burgundy on this Earth to do," says a rough-looking Burgundy. "Have salon-quality hair and read the news." And they're not alone, either.Dim-witted weatherman Tamland has a new love interest in Kristen Wiig, whom he woos with killer pick-up lines like, "Your hair looks like wet popcorn." He may actually have met ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
New York Marriott Financial Center Hotel
I arrived by taxi to the hotel which is just a block from the former World Trade Center site. The ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Sri Lanka SourceSri Lanka Source: The latest news in Sri Lanka
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sri Lanka Source is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sri Lankan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sri Lankan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sri Lanka news, the weather forecast for Sri Lanka you'll find it all in the Sri Lanka Source.
From Colombo to Jaffna, the Sri Lanka Source should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Colombo, June 19 (Xinhua-ANI): Eighty Sri Lankans were detained by the navy on Wednesday for attempting to illegally migrate to Australia, the navy said on its website.
The trawler was intercepted by the navy and then handed over to the police for further investigations.
The number of arrests made has risen due to the navy increasing the number of boats patrolling the shores of Sri Lanka. On 30 May, 52 others were also similarly detained.
They were brought to Modera Fisheries Harbor and handed over to the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) of the police as well.
Already the Australian government has sent home 1,161 Sri Lankans 950 of them involuntarily - since August last year.
Minister for Immigration and Citizenship Brendan O'Connor said earlier that returning the group to Sri Lankans sends a powerful message.
"The Gillard Government is making it crystal clear that those who pay smugglers are throwing their money away and risking their lives in the process," O'Connor was quoted as saying in a statement.
Sri Lanka's navy has also apprehended over 1,500 people while they were attempting to illegally migrate to Australia by boat.
The Australian government is working closely with the Sri Lankan navy to monitor and prevent boat people from Sri Lanka and have implemented awareness programs to discourage locals from attempting to illegally migrate. ...
- Alcohol more dangerous than weed Miley Cyrus
- People not letting Lisa Snowdon forget about times with George Clooney
- Cheryl Cole named star with tattiest tattoos
- Johnny Depp not retiring from Hollywood
- Max George single ready to mingle
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Weekend lie-in can prevent diabetes
- Getting enough sleep may help prevent diabetes in men
- How aspirin can effectively battle cancer
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Major General Finn appointed to top UN role in Jerusalem
- Obama welcomes Iran's election of moderate president
- Widespread anti-graft protests rock Brazil
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Gaddafi's son to stand trial in Libya in August
- More Russian Oil Flows to China in Shift From Europe
- US futures little changed
- NewsWatch Stock futures choppy as jitters set in before Fed
- Pension funds must keep the faith in commodities – EXCLUSIVE
- Top performance by commodities
- Georgian named top Canadian newspaper
- ‘US confidence in newspapers hits new low’
- Paranoia Strikes Deep The Press and Rand Paul
- June 19 Justin Trudeau’s charity gigs and other letters to the editor
- Letter to the Editor Past funds for street repairs
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- Slip into slip dress for night out
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Regular use of talcum powder ups risk of ovarian cancer by 24pc
- Why women in red attract men like magnets
- Fund managers must re-think client relationships
- Hedge funds remain firm favourite with institutional investors
- Norway Global fund suffers 7.7 drop
- Net worth of Dutch investment funds decreases further
- ETFs not flustered by market turmoil
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sri Lanka Source headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Sri Lankans will target Indian bowling Jayasuriya
- 80 Sri Lankans held while trying to migrate to Australia
- Sri Lanka calls for Tamil refugees in Australia to return
- Sri Lankan media code threatens free speech
- Dhonis men practice ahead of semi-final clash against Sri Lanka