Sports Minister Jitendra Singh on Thursday said he has been forced to hang his head in shame due to the Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing scandal, which is becoming bigger and murkier with each passing day, insisting that a deterrent law could have prevented the credibility crisis that cricket is facing right now. "It is very shameful. As a young person, as a sports fan, as the Sports ...
Sports media giant ESPN has given pink slips to some of its 7,000 employees as a cost cutting measure. In a statement, the Connecticut-based company said it is implementing the changes to enhance continued growth, while smartly managing costs. ESPN said it is confident that it would be more competitive, innovative and productive after this decision. According to a CNN report, about ...
DC Comics has won a Federal Court case against a Melbourne gym over the term 'Superman Workout' which the company used to promote its products, allowing the fitness company to register 'superman workout' as a trademark. The gym Cheqout had had been using the phrase to describe its workout DVDs and video clips, but DC Comics challenged the trademark, saying Cheqout's consumers would think it was ...
Sports media giant ESPN has given pink slips to some of its 7,000 employees on Tuesday, the network said in a statement. The Bristol, Connecticut-based company said it was looking at the financial bottom line. In a statement the company said that they were implementing changes across the company to enhance their continued growth while smartly managing costs. It added that while difficult, ...
The first of five open auditions, where entrants will vie for an opportunity to host a program broadcast on weekends, and possibly grow into a long-term relationship with the CBS station, begins at 11 a.m. May 25 at Beer and Pop 4 Less, Suite 2, 1155 Washington Pike, ...
28°C Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the SW at 12 MPH
"October Sky" tells the true story of Homer Hickam, a West Virginia teenager who eventually realized his dream of becoming a NASA science engineer. It was a long road to that accomplishment, though, because Homer (Jake Gyllenhaal) grew up in the mining-dominated town of Coalwood in the late fifties, where all the boys either escape on football scholarships or follow their elders' footsteps into th ... ...
Samsung's new Galaxy S4 smartphone has become its fastest-selling phone ever, shifting at a rate of one every four seconds since its launch in late ...
SportAccord must be voice for sport claims Lapasset as finally unveils Presidential election manifesto
May 23 - Bernard Lapasset today finally unveiled the election manifesto he hopes will see him named as the new President of SportAccord, saying the organisation "must speak for sport" and reaffirm its values in society to bring it forward. The French International Rugby Board (IRB) chairman (pictured top), who led the successful campaign to reintroduce rugby to the Olympics when it ...
The Italian Industry Minister, Flavio Zanonato, has asked Fiat to stay in Italy following its planned merger with Chrysler, which has led labour unions to fear that the car maker plans to move its headquarters to the United ...
The collection includes powder-coated reclaimed luggage racks from the decommissioned Metropolitan line trains, metal trunks, furniture designed by Anthony Hartley and LED desk lamps by GroupDesign.Based on the 12 colours of the London Underground map, including the sky-blue Victoria line, orange East London and mint-green Waterloo & City, you can now reference your favourite journey in your ...
The applause and cheers in the room were spontaneous and deafening. That, people, is what love sounds like. For the rest of the party, we were asked three questions repeatedly: "Where are you registered?" "Are you going to have kids?" and "Where are you going on your ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Holiday Inn South Beach, Miami Beach
Located on the beach and equipped with a number of resort facilities this good standard 3 star Holiday Inn is ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sri Lanka SourceSri Lanka Source: The latest news in Sri Lanka
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sri Lanka Source is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sri Lankan news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sri Lankan news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sri Lanka news, the weather forecast for Sri Lanka you'll find it all in the Sri Lanka Source.
From Colombo to Jaffna, the Sri Lanka Source should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Sri Lanka denied Wednesday plans to roll back power sharing mechanisms with the Tamil minority despite attempts to stop long overdue elections in the former war-torn north.
Technology and Research Minister Champika Ranawaka announced Tuesday plans to present an act in parliament next week to abolish provincial councils and the India-backed 13th constitutional amendment, reports Xinhua.
The main Tamil political party, Tamil National Alliance (TNA), has insisted that it would not contest the upcoming elections in the north if police and land powers were taken away by the government.
However, acting cabinet spokesman and Petroleum Minister Anura Priyadarshana Yapa dismissed such moves and insisted that the government had no plans as yet to change the constitution.
"The president expressly said a Parliamentary Select Committee consisting of all political parties can discuss if there will be any changes to the present constitution, especially to the 13th amendment.
"In that scenario, no steps have been taken to change the status quo. These arguments have been going on for a long time, these are not new arguments. But the 13th amendment is still there.
"There have been no discussions to change the amendment up to now," he said. ...
- Taylor Swift likes smart comfortable wear
- Amanda Seyfried was happy with big bosom
- Jennifer Aniston to play stripteaser in Were The Millers
- Eisenberg imbibes stage confidence from mother
- I learnt magic tricks from mother Jesse Eisenberg
- Soaring temperatures can affect quality of pills Doctors
- DC comics win court case over Melbourne gyms Superman workout
- Liberace role meant so much after cancer battle says Michael Douglas
- Find how fit you are for your age
- Novel concept advances development of universal flu vaccine
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Two civilians among 13 dead in Pakistan car bomb
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Meeting of Syrian opposition leaders begins in Istanbul
- Global obesity epidemic linked to addiction to unhealthy food
- Fish oil supplements may help cut risk of diabetes heart disease
- Over 10 new oil fields found in Siberia
- Cyclone Mahasen washes away US$35.2m of crops in Bangladesh
- Commodities trader sues BP Shell others for alleged oil price fixing
- Small Town Newspaper Catches Paper Thief
- Lord Black the Tory peer at the heart of medias biggest battle
- i Assistant Editors Letter A glimmer of good news for Woolwich amongst the darkness
- Phone-hacking victims reject newspapers charter proposal
- Anthony Weiner kicks off attempt at political redemption despite tabloid mockery
- Greater attention needed for safe childbirths UN urges on inaugural Day to end obstetric fistula
- Do women get two types of orgasms
- Sonia Gandhi Nooyi among Indians in Forbes worlds top 100 Most Powerful Women List
- Daily dose of calcium helps women live longer
- Oz girls team coach says more women to pursue cricket career following pay rise
- UK urged by IMF to bring forward high value spending
- Mutual Funds Weekly Hard truth about your relationship with funds
- Hedge Funds Bulk Up in Bond Trading
- Sony board examines hedge fund spin-off plan
- U.S. muni bond fund inflows shrink to $63.46 million Lipper
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sri Lanka Source headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Cargo warehouse in Colombo Port gutted in fire
- Sri Lanka Genocidal military gets into white garb to observe Vesak in Jaffna
- Travel and Adventure Sri Lanka is a gem with many facets
- Not for nothing that we have Article 9
- Emirates increases Flights to Colombo from June 30